The content of this Web site in its entirety is not intended for duplication of any type without expressed written permission by a representative of the Herbal Magic Corporate Office. For rights to reprint, email mailto:email@example.com
Herbal Magic Inc. Online Interaction Policy
Herbal Magic Inc. ("Herbal Magic", "we", "us", or "our") recognizes the importance and value of online communications tools, including web blogs (“blogs”) and other online channels (discussion forums, social networks, chat rooms, etc.). These online environments increasingly serve as channels for direct interaction with and between Herbal Magic customers, business partners, employees, the media and other stakeholders. In our commitment to open and transparent communications, we have adopted certain standards and policies to determine how Herbal Magic employees will interact in these online forums, including those that are now or may in the future be offered through our own corporate online properties and websites.
All Herbal Magic employees and designated representatives (including franchisees, agency partners, etc.) who engage in online discussion as a delegate of the company are required to comply with the following simple standards:
- Honest and accurate information. Herbal Magic employees and other company representatives must take all reasonable steps to ensure that our communications are based on the most accurate, current and complete information available. Employees and other designated representatives must never knowingly communicate information that is untrue or deceptive.
- Prompt error correction. In the unfortunate event that an employee or designated representative makes a mistake, the error should be corrected as soon as possible, with full and accurate information, in the same forum the original online posting appeared.
- Respect for confidential information. Herbal Magic employees and designated representatives will not disclose any information that is confidential or proprietary to the company.
- Full disclosure. Employees and designated representatives commenting on any aspect of Herbal Magic’s business will clearly identify themselves as representatives of the company.
- Personal views. Herbal Magic employees and designated representatives will clearly state that the views expressed in their contributions to online forums are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of the company. Employees and designated representatives will never claim to be speaking on behalf of the company, unless authorized in writing by Herbal Magic senior management to do so.
- Respectful and appropriate conduct. Herbal Magic
employees and designated representatives will ensure at all times that their
online comments are respectful of the opinions of others, including employees,
customers, partners, and competitors of the company.
With regard to online commentary about Herbal Magic posted by individuals not
affiliated with the company, Herbal Magic has also adopted certain policies
governing when and how the company will respond:
- We will reply to online comments, when appropriate, as promptly as possible.
- We will not respond to comments that are judged as spam, off-topic, or simply defamatory.
- We will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly, whenever possible.
- We will always respect others’ opinions and inalienable right to express their views.
Herbal Magic Inc. ("Herbal Magic", "we", "us", or "our") takes steps to ensure it meets privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The purpose of this policy is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with ("you" and "your") how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This policy applies to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in Canada.
Personal Information We Collect
Herbal Magic and its agents and representatives may collect personal information in a number of circumstances, such as:
- Contact information, such as name, title, address, telephone number, facsimile, or email address, which may be collected through our weight loss management programs and services forms or otherwise, or on our Web site www.herbalmagic.ca when you order products from our online store or request information about our products and services.
- Client Health History information, such as information you may provide on your Client Health History Form, including your contact information, age, gender, occupation, medications and herbal remedies routinely used, treatments or surgical procedures you have received or undergone, and information relating to your weight and weight loss efforts. With your express opt-in consent, we may also collect details about health symptoms you are experiencing or have experienced.
- Such information you may provide on your QLP Service Agreement form, including your contact information, current weight, and goal weight.
- Program and service information, including the type of weight loss management programs and services you have enrolled or participated in, other related information regarding your use of our programs and services, and your customer service history, including inquiries, complaints, or records of other customer service we may provide.
- Billing information, including banking information collected through cheque payment or for pre-authorized payment purposes, credit card number or other payment-method details, and your billing and payment status and history.
Use of Your Personal Information
Herbal Magic generally uses your personal information to:
- Evaluate your application and determine your initial and ongoing eligibility for our programs and services;
- Provide and administer the services you request, respond to your inquiries about our products and services, and contact you regarding the requested services;
- Process your requests for products, including through our online store;
- Process billing and invoices, and manage, administer, and collect your payments for products or services;
- Maintain business records for reasonable periods and generally manage and administer our business; and
- Meet legal, regulatory, security, and processing requirements, or otherwise as permitted or required by law.
On occasion, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about other related Herbal Magic products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, for example based on your health symptoms specified on your Client Health History Form. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is used by Herbal Magic with your knowledge and consent. You may refuse consent to such use (where such options are offered), or you may withdraw your consent by contacting Herbal Magic at 1-800-850-1702 or otherwise as described below.
We may, from time to time, store or process your personal information in different jurisdictions according to our business requirements. This policy continues to apply regardless of where the personal information is stored or processed.
With your express consent, Herbal Magic may also collect and use your name, likeness, and any comments you have made or may make, for publicity of any kind, in any media, promotion, or advertisement.